CA refers to Chartered Accountancy. It is a professional course in accounting that deal with areas of Auditing, Accountancy, Cost Consultancy, Taxation, Management Consultancy and Legal Matters. Many students of Nepal join either Nepal board (ICAN),Indian board (ICAI) 0r UK(ACCA)for study. Very few students pass this exam due to the toughest courses. After completion of plus 2, one can pursue the qualification. However, one needs to appear for the respective countries license exam after completion of CA exam.
To becoming the CA there are 3 stages.
- first, clear the entrance exam which is CPT (common proficiency test) held in every June and December twice in a year.
- Second, Clear IPCC (integrated proficiency competence course) with seven subjects having two groups.
- After 2.5 years for articleship which appear for CA final exam with 8 subjects having two groups which has been conducted in May and November twice in year.
There are not actual kind of suggestion but here is some following recommendation which is based on oneself mistakes.
- Classes is one of the important key in CA qualification. You need to join your classes in advance and don’t wait for the last moment.it is recommended that classes should be taken at least 15-18 months prior to your attempt.
- Articleship is the period where you can get a chance to learn that’s why practice in articleship as much as possible as after you become CA no one is going to train you, means your failures can be accepted now but not after you become CA. Wherever you did your articleship in a small or mid firm, it doesn’t matter. You have to well versed whatever you do. You need to exposure across many streams in smaller firms while in Big 4 you end up doing the same work for at least three years.
- Revision should be done daily. Devote yourself at least an hour to revise everyday whatever you have learn.
- Practice how much you can. Doing lots of writing practice can makes to easy in CA exam.
- You should be mentally prepared for studying 10-12 hours at least, every day, during the last five months of your final exam.
- Another way is consistent efforts. you have to get up every day for a class, attend them and pay attention. Do make notes for everything even if it doesn’t see important because who knows where the question comes from. Do not feel lazy.
- Try to attend Conferences and seminars to open up your mind and knowledge. Involve yourself in healthy arguments with fellow people.
- Always ready to update yourself with recent amendments, it you find out any new notification, section, circular in any act read it, understand it and try to apply it in practical situations.
- Have an expert knowledge in every subjects, create value wherever you go or whatever you do.
- Enjoy all these processes. Work hard but work smart. Don’t be so hard on yourself and have faith in yourself that you’ll become successful CA in future.